Thursday, August 21, 2008

Zucchini Relish


I don't know what it is about canning...I don't really like to do it, but when all is said and done I really like the feeling that I accomplished something. I love how the bottles look all nice and neat on the counter. I enjoy the sound of little pops when the bottles seal. It's a nice way to use up produce from the garden and I get to add to my food storage. I guess I really do like doing it despite the time it takes- I'll have to re-read this post when I feel like canning again (which will be next week because I have so many tomatoes to use up).


This week was Zucchini Relish- I know sounds a little weird, but it tastes so DELICIOUS! It's my Grandma Roger's recipe...for those of you who are family, nothing more needs to be said- for those of you who read this blog that aren't family, my Grandma Rogers makes only the most wonderful food, full of flavor and that homemade goodness! Anyhow, I've rambled on long enough. If anyone needs to use up Zucchini let me know and I'll pass the recipe along.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

What would you use zucchini relish with? Just out of curiousity.

talonandanna said...

wow megg! you're amazing! and you take after grandma, in that all your dishes are delicious too! :) i would love to know how to do this, i've got zucchini coming out of my ears! happy canning to come! and YAY jack!!!! :)))))))))))

The Morley's said...

Looks yummy, can't wait to taste it!!!

Amanda said...

I want to know what you use zucchini relish for, too! It looks good.

birdie said...

That looks tasty. I'm impressed with your canning skills and persistence. I haven't gotten into canning even though I love homemade canned stuff.

Way to go Meg!

Bar M U said...

that's cool! Nice work! Using up your zuchs means you won't have to pawn them off on neighbors :)
About canning your tomatoes - I tasted someone's yummy tomato sauce and they had used Mrs. Wageman's mix. It was so good that I'm trying some this year. maybe look into it. I think a package will do about 5 pints or something - you just add the tomatoes to it and process.

Cheryl said...

So Meggan, would you come down here and help me do the two big boxes of peaches that I'm picking up next week?! Actually, I timed it perfectly because my Mom will be here for Nate's baptism that weekend and she said she'd be happy to help. Yeah for a useful coincidence!

The relish looks awesome. Lets have dinner together during the first week of October and eat some! We'll be up there late on October 4. We're planning on blessing Jillian on the next Sunday evening. I'ts conference Sunday, but it's a good week for my brothers to come because they can leave their hefty ward callings behind that weekend.

We're so excited to see you, mostly Jackson, but you guys too! :D