Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter Blues

I figured it out! I think I have a little case of the winter blues. Rob came home a little later from work than usual last night and he commented on my weird mood. He didn't comment on the fact that there was no dinner and he had to fend for himself. At least the house was clean and Jack was asleep in bed :). So in catching-up on a couple of my friends blogs one in particular hit a chord. Christmas and New Years are gone, the decorations are put away and all the excitement from new toys has worn off...so we are left with the bleak mid-winter blues! Don't get me wrong, I am still happy and not on the verge of doing anything crazy, but I think this explains my weird mood. Here's my attempt to cure the winter blues-

- working out
- deep cleaning and organizing my house (I know that might sound crazy to some of you, but I feel like if I have control over my house than I have control over my life)
- play-dates with friends (any ladies up for a late-night movie?)
- I'm going to go get some fresh flowers to brighten up my kitchen!
- I NEED a trip to some sun. Josh and Cheryl, I might be coming down to the Sun State sooner than later.

On a side note, where did my sweet little son go? I think we've hit the terrible two's!! I'm most definitely learning patience here. One funny little story last night, as I said Rob wasn't home and Jack and I were just chillin'. Jack looked up and me and asked for "Wii". I was a little stunned, I didn't think he knew that word, then he proceeded to ask for "golf". I then said to him, "Do you want to play the Wii?" He jumped up and down, clapping his hands and saying "Yeah!". What have we done, he's not even two and he's asking to play the Wii....what are we in for?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so funny about Jack asking to play the Wii - it is truly addicting because it's so much fun! I'm sad to hear about the winter blahs - I totally relate. Spring needs to get here!

Holly said...

The danger for me is that Emma loves watching the wii - so she'd be fine with me playing all day long. If only these kids realized that if they give us an inch, some days we might just take that mile.

Cheryl said...

PLEEEEAAASSSEE com visit!!! We would so love to have you come and play in the sun and golf and hike (this is the only time of year that we can) and play the Wii. :) Just to add some extra incentive, it's about 72 degrees here. Besides, Jackson needs some Star Wars indoctrination from his cousins.

Lewis Family said...

I am always up for a late night movie!! Just as long as it is not Tuesday night:) I am addicted to Gary!! I love his class!! Thanks so much for introducing me to this new world of being in shape. You are a ROCK STAR!!

suzi said...

That is SO funny and I can totally relate! Mid-winter blues is all over the place at our house! I have been cleaning (for those same reasons) like CRAZY at our house, and poor Tom came home late and had cereal tonight. I'm SO ready for spring! I keep opening all the blinds and turning on all the lights all over the house so it FEELS brighter around here! And yes, I'm all over the idea of a late night show/girls' night out! Call and we'll go!!