

I've been wanting new bedding for a couple months now. I wanted a change in our room, but I didn't want to paint the walls...so let's change the bedding! I searched, and searched for some that I liked and I found some at Pottery Barn that I thought would work. I took Rob there one night so we could go look and feel the prospects. As I started to pull together all the quits and duvets and pillows that I wanted, I started to add up what it would cost. It was expensive, but not so bad if you thought about all the time we would spend sleeping on it :). I just want to preface this post by saying I am a fiscally responsible person. I know how to save and work within a budget, this purchase was in no means a bank breaker, but it wasn't a little investment either. I was ready to drop the cash and get this bedding and Rob made a comment. Let me also say that Rob hardly ever says anything about how I spend money. He commented that although the bedding was very nice, he simply asked if we really needed it. It got me thinking- no, we didn't NEED it, yes I would like it, but we don't NEED it.
The pictures you see are indeed our new bedding, but it's not the Pottery Barn bedding. Here's the thing, I LOVE our new bedding, not just because it looks good and gave me the change I needed, but because I learned a good lesson. We are so BLESSED to live a comfortable life and although the Pottery Barn bedding was beautiful, I didn't need to spend that much money on it. The money could be used for so many other things. Thank you Rob for your ever so gentle reminder to me of what's important in life and what's not.
3 comments:
Great story... and I love the bedding. And I need new bedding too.
Can I ask where you ended up getting it?
I love it!! I love pottery barn too, but usually try to just get ideas there and buy it somewhere else.
What a great reminder. And the bed looks great!
Post a Comment