I really should have been blogging about this pregnancy all along, but alas I haven't and now it's time for this little girl, yes I said it GIRL to be born. I am 38 weeks pregnant and feeling very overdue. I've never made it this far before with any of my other pregnancies. Jackson was born at 33 weeks and Parker was born at 36. This little girl is holding on- which is fine as long as now she stays in until after Jeremy my little brother gets married Thursday.
The pregnancy for the most part has been fairly normal, even for me. I was sick, more sick than any of the others and longer. I didn't stop taking my nausea medication until week 30. I had my Progesterone shots weekly- administered by my dear friend Becca. They weren't too bad (I actually started to crave the hormonal balance it gave me). All the ultrasounds and tests have come back normal. Although all of that has gone well, you still worry and fret over the baby and your own body. I had a couple scares one at the beginning and one near 31 weeks, but things got taken care of and now I'm holding out to the end. I now fully understand how uncomfortable and hard the end of pregnancy gets.
I can't quite wrap my head around having a daughter- I am so looking forward to it. I love my boys, all of them including the big one (the husband), but it will be interesting to see how having some more pink in the house changes the dynamic of the family. Jackson and Parker have been really sweet lately and I can tell they know the end is near. Jackson will come up and want to touch my stomach and feel the baby move. He talks about his little sister all the time. Parker will look at me when I am labored from walking up the stairs and say, "It's okay mom, you can do it". He will also say to me, "Mom, you are beautiful and you are a princess". It's nice to know there is some sweetness wrapped up in all that energy.
I am prepared for this baby. All the baby stuff, clothes and diapers are bought, washed and put away. I've had a lot of fun getting ready for her to come. I've had to reign myself in though...girl clothes are SO cute and I keep thinking, "oh, she needs one of those and this and..." well you get the point.
We're excited to meet this little baby as soon as she decides its time to get here.
Monday, March 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That scenario sounds eerily familiar~ Olivia 34 weeks, Sophie 37 weeks, Amelia 39 1/2. It's nice to have one you are completely ready for, right?!
Your boys are so sweet! Can't wait to meet her... after Thursday of course!
Post a Comment