
I just thought I would document what a great time I've been having for the last couple days :). On Thursday I had a nasal septum reconstruction surgery. I had a pretty severe deviated septum which made it hard to breathe. Anyhow, the surgery went well, but I hate recovering! I'm sure it was all worth it...
The funny part about the whole thing is that when I went in for the consultation with the Doctor he told me that I had a crooked nose. Now, my nose hasn't always been my favorite aspect of my face, but I've never noticed that it was crooked. He asked, very nicely I might add if wanted him to fix that while he was doing the surgery (you know two procedures for the price of one). Needless to say, I had the simple surgery, but no nose job...maybe that will be in my next lifetime.
I never really think about having the blessing of good health until it is not in the perfect state that I have come to know. Recovery shouldn't be too bad. What a blessing to have medical procedures to help us become more comfortable and what a true blessing to have a body that heals quickly.
Thanks to Grandparents who've helped with Jackson and brought us yummy food. I'm sure Rob will be happy to have his wife back and Jackson will be glad to have his mom back to singing and entertaining him. I'm just grateful for GOOD HEALTH and a nose that works!
3 comments:
Wow! Sounds kinda dramatic, but I'm glad that you're feeling better.I second your choice on not to get a nose job. (Now if someone offered me free liposuction, on the other hand...)
And you are exactly right about taking your health for granted. I've been sick for the past week, and now Andy and Emmie are sick! I will definitely appreciate our health when everyone is back to their old selves.
megg- i had no idea about this nose condition you have. of course it's probably not something you just talk about freely. :) glad you are better. we need to get together soon!
Good choice! How are you feeling?
Post a Comment