Parker's Blessing day fell on the 4th of July. It was a FANTASTIC day, temperature was in the 80's we had ALL our family and friends there and Parker was the star of the day! Rob gave Parker a BEAUTIFUL blessing. Parker has come into our home with such a calm spirit, he is a really easy going baby. We are so grateful for Parker in our lives and we can't wait to see him grow and develop. Parker wore the same blessing outfit that Jackson wore, which is the same one that my older brother Josh wore, which was made by my Grandma Rogers. I think it is really special to have something as simple as an outfit or a blanket that is passed along to bless your children in- it has history and now the legacy continues. On a side note I waited until the very last second possible to put Parker in the outfit so he wouldn't spit-up on it. Well...of course right before we are getting out the door- a complete SPIT-UP ERUPTION. I mean this was no little spit-up, it DRENCHED his outfit. For the next 10 min. I tried to dry it out, needless to say, he was a little damp when he was blessed. Good thing I had a really warm blanket to wrap him in! Speaking of blankets- I'm not really sentimental about much, but the blessing outfit was one thing I am about and the other is the blanket in which we bless our children in. When I studied in Jerusalem I brought home some white baby blankets from Bethlehem. It just makes things seem a little more special- I hope I will be able to pass those blankets along to my grandchildren when they get blessed. I've rambled on enough about the day- here are some fun pictures of the party afterward.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
What a great day! Addy brought home some of those blankets from when she was in Jerusalem, too. All my kids have been blessed in them! So great to see all the pictures of your family.
Post a Comment