Friday, November 19, 2010

Religious Ponderings

I was sitting in Relief Society on Sunday and was impressed by the lesson. It was on the gifts of the Holy Ghost and listening and understanding what the Holy Ghost tells us. Up to this point in having this Blog I have specifically stayed away from any posts that were "overly" religious. I have been a little guarded about what I am willing to post on the Internet for ALL to read. It's not that I am ashamed about my religion, in fact I feel very blessed to be a Latter-Day Saint. As I was sitting in class I realized that one of the main reasons I have this Blog is so I can pass along a history to my children. Then came the thought...what do you want your children to know more about, the everyday happenings of their lives (which is worthy and happy), or do you want them to know of the eternal nature of this mortal existence. It was a no brainier...If I had to leave my children a book, I would want it filled with my testimony and thoughts of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and my love for them and the truth of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Look forward to more posts on religious matters :).

No comments: