We try...
We try to go and sit in Stake Conference and keep the kids entertained and quite, it doesn't always work, but we are trying. Yesterday was Stake Conference and it was in the later afternoon (perfect time for young children- RIGHT!). It started off pretty reasonable. Then Rob had to leave to go use the restroom. Right then something must have gone off in Jack's head- hey look mom is holding the baby, this room is really quite, I don't want to sit here and be still anymore- let's see if I can get out of here. Well it worked- Jack's choice in behavior tactics was less than stellar. I had to physically remove him by grabbing his arm, kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs and holding on to my skirt with his other free hand. All the while still holding Parker with my "free" hand. As I was escorting him out of the Conference Center I saw Rob rounding the corner. I took Jack outside to "cool off" and let Rob take over and I went back into listen. I apologize to those who were sitting around us- which is EVERYONE because the Conference Center that we attend is in a circle- that building has AMAZING acoustics (which is wonderful unless escorting a screaming child out). Rob took Jack and worked some magic and they both came back for the rest of Conference. Why is it that Sunday's are such a hard day? I know it's hard to sit through meetings, I get it- but why does it seem like the entire day is a battle? Isn't it suppose to be the day of rest? What I've come to hope is...we keep trying and it will pay off.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
First of all, I was there and didn't hear or notice Jack screaming. So rest assured that you didn't disturb as many people as you think you did. Secondly, I was amazed at my kids, sitting fairly quietly entertaining themselves by coloring or whatever. Trust me -- while you are in a hard stage right now, it does get easier. :)
Sundays are our hardest days. I hope eventually we will have a day of rest too!
Just as they get older and it's supposed to get easier, you end up sitting alone and they know you're vulnerable! Sorry, there will not be days of rest in the future. Then they'll be teenagers and all they want to do is sleep through the meeting.
ugh- so hard i know. the three hour meeting seems to take everything out of our kiddos. it's like they are trying to recoop for the remainder of the day- it will pay off. :)
I'd love to agree with Misty, but guess who I had to go out in the hall with... you are right, my 13 year old daughter. She took Cam potty and Cam came back but not Lauren. I went out 45 minutes later and she was sitting out there with a headache. We also all played musical chairs and switched spots about 20 times. I'm sure people were much more forgiving to you than they were feeling toward us. Having said that... it does get better!!!
Post a Comment