Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Preschool Graduation

Mrs. Mikel (the BEST teacher ever!)
Jack showing Grandma Debbie his book
The Pirate Program
Jack and some of the kids in his class

At the end of May Jackson had a little program with his preschool to show off all the things they had learned during the year. They sang all their colors and then they were transformed into pirates with "Jeremy Jacob", the main character in the book, "How I Became a Pirate". Jackson was quite an enthusiastic singer...he actually had to sing louder than the ENTIRE group- pretty funny. Ms. Mikel was Jackson's teacher and she was fantastic! Jackson had such a wonderful experience. All of the kids made a book of artwork they'd done throughout the year as well as a list of quotes from the kids. Mikel would ask a question to each child and write down verbatim how they answered. Some of Jack's quotes:

Q: What does your mom do while you are at preschool?
A: "After school I play Star Wars games. I don't know what she does while I'm here."
Q: When I grow up I will have a...
A: "an elephant"
Q: What is your favorite thing about preschool?
A: "I like to play with the sword"

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So, you guys making room in your garage for that elephant?