Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Stars At Night Are Big And Bright...Deep In The Heart Of Texas!

Last weekend I spent in Dallas, Texas at the Lighting Market. Picture this, three grand sized shopping malls all filled with lights! It is quite a scene. I went for work to check out all the new and great things in the lighting world for 2008. It is a really good experience. We learn a lot and get a chance to meet vendors and do business face to face. This world of technology is so wonderful in so many ways, but that good old person to person, eyeball to eyeball is what is still important. My parents and my sister Abby and I all went. There are some very exciting things in the lighting world. I sound like I really like my job don't I!

Since I was in Dallas, and the huge shopping malls full of lights aren't very conducive to toting around a baby, Jackson stayed at home with Dad. Rob started his new job so he wasn't able to take any time off...so Jack had a bunch of play-dates! It was so nice to leave him and not worry. I know Jack was so happy exploring new places and people. Thank you again...all of you who watched Jack.

I thought the first time away (overnight) from Jackson would be so hard, but it wasn't that bad. Okay, so you think about him all the time and wonder what he's doing and if he's being a good boy, but isn't that just normal mom stuff? Having family and friends near by is the best!

I just have to share one of my favorite parts about going to Dallas...I really love the lights and seeing all the new stuff. There is also a little shopping place that you can get great jewelry and perfume and "girly" stuff which is a blast, but my favorite part is seeing my friend Sarah Tuckett Combs. We grew up together here in SLC and then she moved to Texas. One summer she came and spent a couple weeks with us and we went to EFY together, then she went to school at BYU before getting married. Anyhow, she is one amazing woman. I have always thought so. I haven't been good at keeping in touch at all, but it was so nice to go out to dinner and get caught-up. Anyhow, Sarah, beautiful mother-of-four, thank you for being such a great example and a true friend! Until next time!

1 comment:

talonandanna said...

hey- LOVED arizona! i want to hear more about texas too. yep, see you guys sunday for sure! oh yea and i laughed at the classic photo of all the skiis in the car with the head bobbing in the back. :) too funny.