I was so touched yesterday listening to Elder Ballard's talk on Mothers. How kind, honest and uplifting it was. I have always wanted to be a mother, and I love being a mother. However, it has been a hard transition. Life changes drastically from speeding through the work day to come home and spend time with your husband to speeding through a HARDER work day, trying to find time to spend with your husband and trying to find yourself in the middle of it all. We are truly blessed to have a family and to be rearing children in this last dispensation. With motherhood comes feelings I didn't know were there. Love that has been unlocked in the deepest part of my heart...but, there is an opposite to all things. This is a grand learning experience. I appreciate the truth that Elder Ballard spoke about. Motherhood is not all giggles and rewards, quite the opposite. It is a lot of twist and turns, picking things up and the rewards come in small doses. I am amazed at mothers whom I have watched and been reared by. It gives me hope that when I am at whit's end, someone else has been there too. Thank you Elder Ballard for your words of truth! Thank you for preparing a talk that allowed the spirit to touch my heart and once again testify to me of the eternal nature of motherhood. I am so BLESSED to be a mother!
5 comments:
I also loved Elder Ballard's talk. It certainly hit home. He said so many of the things that I feel on a daily basis. Loved, loved, loved his talk! (See my comment on "you know your a mom when")
WELL SAID! Sometimes its hard to find the happiness on the days you only feel like a maid. I loved what he said about "enjoy the doing" instead of just the "getting it done"
ps- its so fun to see what you're up to!
amen!
I loved this talk too! Ryan fell asleep during the talk, and I couldn't help feeling a little jipped that he wasn't sitting up hanging on Elder Ballard's every word. Then I remembered that Ryan's a really good husband and he probably deserved a nap.
Ditto! Wasn't that the best talk ever? You are a great mom, by the way!
Post a Comment