Thursday, June 19, 2008

HAIRCUTS!!!

I want to know how you get a 1 yr. old to sit still long enough to cut his hair? I took Jack yesterday to the best stylist I know...my mother. She's been cutting all of our hair for a really long time. Jack's hair was a little long- let's just say it went back to my High School days, Jack was sporting the East High Shag. I thought this was the best situation, Jack wouldn't be scared and he could sit and watch me entertain him while my mom did the clipping. Let's just say my vision was a little skewed. Jack was all over the place. He wouldn't sit still for anything. I even gave him a sucker! All my mom tricks were of no use. Any tricks that have worked for the seasoned mothers out there- please enlighten me or else I might have a child with a mullet!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Hi Meggan! Yay, I found your blog while I was blog hopping. Your little guy is so cute! I can't believe how big he is already. Keep updating, I'll be checking your blog! :o)
Christy (Vance) Hecht
hechtfam.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Let's see - we've used TV, popsicles, and lemonade. TV worked the best.

Cheryl said...

Yeah, I'll agree with the TV thing, but I also found it helped with Rhino to have someone he doesn't know cut his hair. When Josh tries, he's terrible, but as soon as you take him to Great Clips and he sits in the big chair with a stranger cutting his hair, he behaves much better. You could also try mini-marshmallows, they keep Rhino very, very busy and quiet. Good Luck!

Jaclyn said...

well, how's it going? my ideas are put a hand mirror right in front of them and tell them to watch or tell them to look for bugs on the floor. that is what i did when i used to cut hair. good luck.

Bar M U said...

business up front, party in the back...mullets rule! JK :)

missandyd said...

Your guess it as good as mine...I gave Max his first haircut yesterday actually. I was so nervous the wholetime cause I didn't want to jab him. I sat him in his highchair and gave him and extra comb and the squirt bottle. He was super wiggly so I just had to time it right and snip. There was a moment there when I didn't know if I could get rid of the mullet.

suzi said...

that's hilarious! You might need to take him to someone who intimidates him a little so he'll do what they say... that is soo funny! We might need a hair picture in the mean time! Love it.