Monday, April 6, 2009

25 Things About Me

Not in any particular order-
1. I have a thing for feet. I don't like to touch them and I don't like people to touch mine, unless they have just been washed. I can handle a pedicure, actually that is the one exception I have to my peculiar foot issue.
2. I LOVE candy. I like chocolate, but I LOVE candy. I always have a good stash around my house. Gummy bears and Swedish Fish are some of my favs right now.
3. I love to sing. I love to sing in a choir, by myself , in the shower and to my son at night...I sing all day long in my head :)
4. I love to dance. When I was younger I danced all the time- I was always in dance classes and companies. Now, I dance in my kitchen while I'm alone- the love is still there.
5. I am blessed with the most amazing family. We work together and I still want to hang-out with them after being at work all day.
6. I LOVE cookies. I will take a cookie over any dessert any day. Right now my top cookies are #1 Sugar cookies with glazed icing from Cutlers #2 Oatmeal Raisin from Paradise Bakery #3 My homemade chocolate chip cookies.
7. I really do like to have a picked-up house, which I have almost everyday. In the back of my mind however is my mom's immaculate home- she taught me how to clean like no tomorrow. Deep cleaning isn't something I enjoy, but I love the results when it is done.
8. I can't sleep in a bed that hasn't been made. If for some reason our bed isn't made when we go to sleep at night, I make Rob get out and we have to make it. CRAZY huh!
9. Spending time with friends is how I like to live my life.
10. I LOVE to travel. Some upcoming trips I hope to have are to Guatemala, China, and to take Rob through Europe.
11. I love to camp and hike.
12. I really like to POWER SHOP.
13. I am really liking Diet Coke lately. I switched from drinking Dr. Pepper after having Jackson...for some reason it was too sweet for me WEIRD. I am hooked on the fountain kind, but will drink it out of a can if I have to. At home though, it has to be on ice and I have to have a straw.
14. I try to be creative and do things with my hands. It may be making jewelry, playing in the dirt in my yard or making some sort of a craft. I have to have a creative outlet.
15. I am really glad that Rob has introduced some new things into my life. I now enjoy backpacking and playing golf.
16. My LOVE of the University of Utah athletic programs has grown in the past 10 years. I've always been a fan, but being married to someone who played brings your fan-ship (is that a word, if not it is now :)) to a new level.
17. I loved my school experience. Grade School was my least favorite. I had a blast in Jr. High, loved High School and college was my time to actually try hard and get an education (although Rob would say different :)).
18. There are so many people that come through your life that leave deep impressions...I have been blessed with some stellar impressions.
19. I am a happy person and I find joy in living a full life.
20. I love old things that have character.
21. I really, really like watching cooking shows.
22. The one "stupid human trick" I can do is put my entire fist in my mouth.
23. I want to be a better gardener- I should have paid more attention to my mother in the yard when I was younger. I am learning though :).
24. I try to be a healthy well-balanced eater, but I do enjoy a good gut bomb every now and again.
25. I am blessed with two AMAZING men in my life right now. Rob and Jack are the loves of my life!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great post! It is fun to read random things about you. I don't know ANYONE who keeps as clean of a house as your mom - she's the all-time winner in that category!

Jules Holbrook said...

I HAVE to make my bed, too. Although, I don't think I've ever gotten out of bed just to make it!

Cheryl said...

I think you should mention that the fist in the mouth thing is a family trait! I have very vivid memories of laughing myself sick at the dinner table in the Felt parent's house. Every single member of your immediate family was sitting around the table with his or her fist shoved entirely into his or her mouth, that includes your Mom!

Amy said...

I want to know what a gut buster is; it sounds quite wonderful! I can fit my whole foot in my mouth, but it's usually accidental and figurative.
Amy