Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Grab the Wheel!
A couple weeks ago I was on my drive from work to pick-up J-man from school. It was a normal drive, no unnecesary traffic or weather, just normal. Parker was asleep in the backseat like he is most days (that is his morning nap- the way to and from work). Normal right...that's what I thought too. I was driving along and I decided to change lanes of traffic. I checked my rear view mirror and blind spot, ready to go- I proceeded to change lanes. Just then without really even knowing (it was like I was in a daze of sorts) I came back into the lane that I was previously driving in. Sort of shocked by this I looked over to see a car from the farthest lane that had changed over to where I was going well past the speed limit and did not signal. Had I been where I decided to be in the other lane we would have been in a pretty bad crash with Parker at the brunt of it. As I was shaking off this daze that came over me I started to realize what had happened. It was all I could do to mouth out a Thank You. I have pondered that experience many times since- actually every time I pass that section of freeway (which is A LOT) and what I have come to know is, Heavenly Father is THERE and HE does grab the wheel, LITERALLY! My faith was most definitely strengthened that day. I don't take lightly the line that I say in my prayers, "to watch over and protect us"...because He does. I know that God loves me and my family and I am SO grateful for another life saving experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We're grateful, too!
Post a Comment