Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Garden Delights

So I don't have a picture to document, but our garden has been so BOUNTEOUS this year. We were truly up to our eyeballs with produce. What did you do with all that produce you ask...well, we gave away a lot to our wonderful neighbors- I think our neighbors started to turn their lights off at night when they saw me coming with yet another grocery bag full :). We've eaten and eaten all that we could, but I turned A LOT of it into food storage. It is such a great feeling to know that you not only grew the food yourself, but canned and prepared it as well. So the list is...
- 3 batches of Salsa
- 1 batch of Chili Sauce
- 1 batch of Bread & Butter Pickles
- 1 batch of Freezer Jam
- 1 batch of Mustard Pickles

Not to forget all the delicious Caprese Salads, fresh green beans, Zucchini Breads, Bruschetta, and the list goes on. Good eats at our house this summer, and now were set for the winter too! Now I just need a recipe to use all my green tomatoes!

1 comment:

talonandanna said...

you go girl! this is great! :) wish i was your neighbor! LOL