Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm Gonna Wash That Gray Right Outta My Hair!

I am 30 now...I know sounds old, but I don't feel it. Well, a couple days ago I had just finished blow drying my hair and I had one renegade hair in the middle of my head right up front that would not lay down. I inched up closer to the mirror to get a better look and it was a HUGE GRAY HAIR! I've had some gray ones before- Rob's even helped me pull out a few :), but right smack-dab in the middle of my freakin' head for all the world to see!!! Not gonna happen- I yanked it right out. Let me get something straight- I am not afraid of going gray. My mother started going gray even before she turned 30- she has the most beautiful silver hair. If I new that mine would turn out that color, no problem, but here's the catch. Her hair is a LOT darker than mine- I'm afraid I'll look like one of the, bless their hearts, the blue haired old ladies.

I don't color my hair, I've gotten highlights like three or four times in my life. Does that count as coloring? Anyhow, like I said I'm not afraid to go gray...I would just like to choose the place that the gray comes in and what color of gray it's going to be. Is that too much to ask? I might have to take action if my gray hair doesn't live up to my requests!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ahhh, I totally found your blog from The Preslars. I love catching up with old friends-although you are not old, but I do feel your pain I turned 30 a few weeks ago-blah.
And yes, your mom has the most beautiful gray hair that I have ever seen.

Abby said...

LOL!Megg you need a hair gloss... It's like a dye but not so drastic, high shine, and it covers gray hair!I highly recommend it.
But you could go gray like Mom...
She started going gray at like 25 or something.

Cheryl said...

You're too young to be gray! Take it from a lady who's been on the bottle for seven years, it's not all that bad. I went without coloring while I was pregnant with Jill and all it did was make me feel old. However, one gray hair shouldn't worry you too much. Your Dad withstood the grays very well, maybe you've got his hair genes. :)