Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"But Mom, My Crib is Broken!!!"

The above quote came right out of Jack's mouth as soon as we showed him his new "crib". We are trying to ease him into a big-boy-bed. His crib turns into a toddler bed...we thought this was a good way to start the transition. He has been doing so well. The only difficulty has been nap time. We've adopted a new form of nap time from Aunt Cheryl. We now have "quite time" at our house. Jack gets to go into his room, he can play quietly with toys, read books or take a nap if he wants. This gives him the choice, but it still allows me some MUCH needed quite time :). Thanks Cheryl! Most of the time he still takes a nap, which he NEEDS. Now that he is mobile in and out of his bed we've found him sleeping all over his room. I really could care less where he sleeps, as long as he does it, but it is sort of fun to go and check to see where he has finally fallen. My favorite spot that he sleeps in is right by his little gate that I put up to keep him in his room (old home= no door on his room). Oh the changes- I have to admit that I thought this one would be much harder. I love to have him come into our room in the morning (when it's a reasonable hour) and climb into bed with me and have him tell me all about his sweet dreams. Here's hoping potty training will go as smoothly :)!

3 comments:

The Lymans said...

Your much braver than I am! I'm hoping Sophie will stay in her crib until she is five!!

Lewis Family said...

That is so cute! He is such a sweet little guy. I tried the gate with Taylor. He was such a monkey that he would just climb over it!

Addy said...

That made me happy to read. I loved imagining him sleeping by the gate. Cute cute cute!!