Monday, February 8, 2010

Lighting McQueen and Doc Hudson

For Christmas this year Jack was given some Cars characters from the Disney movie (which he loves BTW) from his aunts and cousins. Ever since Christmas Jack has been totting these cars around. He mostly hangs onto Lighting and Doc though. Lighting and Doc get to do EVERYTHING with him. They go to bed and take naps together. They eat lunch and have snack-time together as well. He loves those cars and doesn't want to leave them out of anything he's doing.

Last week Jack and I were having a bit of a power struggle. Anything I asked him to do was answered with a NO or talking back, or just plain and simple a two-year-old-tantrum. So I decided to change tactics. I started asking his friends Lighting and Doc if they would like to do things...a MIRACLE occurred, Lighting and Doc were so agreeable and helpful.

I was on the phone with my sister-in-law and I was telling her about this new found motivation for Jack- I jokingly mentioned that if only Lighting and Doc could go #2 in the potty then life would be FANTASTIC. She said why not try it. Have them sit on the potty and drop some raisins in and see of that does it. MIRACLE #2 (no pun intended) but that worked too.

Thank you Lighting McQueen and Doc Hudson for being good examples and great friends to a two-year-old little boy who thinks you guys are pretty cool.

4 comments:

TaylorClan said...

that's awesome!

Misty said...

Christian was totally into Buzz Lightyear when he was about Jack's age. We could get him to do anything by saying things like, "Buzz! Star Command wants us to get our jammies on!" He'd literally run and do whatever we asked him to. Imagination goes a long way when parenting a toddler. :)

Amanda said...

We LOVE cars! I'm glad they're working for YOU.

Cheryl said...

I can't believe the raisins worked! Aren't you glad that kids are so gullible?