Just a few thoughts running through my head-
This week I have LOVED having a two-year-old. He has been so sweet and kind. I just want to gobble him up and hold and kiss him all the time. The thing is, he has returned those kisses and hugs.
Rob's been traveling a lot lately- I miss him when he's gone, but the house stays clean and I don't have to cook as much :). It also gives Jack and I some alone time- not that we aren't alone enough, but I think of it as a date-night every night. We have picnics in the TV room (where food is not normally allowed). We go out to eat or to the play land. We have movie night and eat popcorn. And we have Wii tournaments- I think I got beat tonight in tennis by him.
I made some yummy Pink Lemonade Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting last night for book club. I've enjoyed too many of them- good thing I'm Prego and the baby needs a little extra sugar right?
Speaking of being Pregnant, this should be a post on it's own, but I have to admit that I feel really, really well taken care of this pregnancy. I have many Dr's and Nurses looking out for me, calling me and checking me- it gives me great comfort to know that the medical field takes VERY seriously a preterm birth and the prevention of another one.
Shout out to my friend, neighbor, and nurse Joyce. She is AWESOME!! She comes once a week to my house and gives me a progesterone shot. Not only is she a friend, but she is the head nurse in my super-duper-cool Dr's office. She has been such a blessing. Jack looks forward to her coming and helps her get me all ready for my shots. After she's done Jack and I have talks about shots and how they are not scary and they don't hurt too bad.
Pregnancy is not easy. I'm not one to enjoy being pregnant. I don't like puking up my guts and or feeling like I'm going to puke for the first 5 months and I don't enjoy getting fat and all the joys that come with it. I don't like being shot-up with all sorts of medicine and having all sorts of tests done. But I REALLY, REALLY do like the end result.
Had another ultrasound today- things look great! Little man is hanging out in a ball. I have NO IDEA what this one will look like. When I was pregnant with Jack I had a dream about him and I knew what he was going to look like- this one is a mystery to me. I am getting excited to meet him.
I'm sitting under one of my new favorite things. My mother-in-law gave us a brown super-soft fluffy blanket a couple weeks ago. It is one of those blankets that you feel only in baby blankets and say OH I WISH THEY HAD THAT IN MY SIZE, well now I've got one. Jack and I snuggled under it tonight watching a show. Thank you Jane!
Rob will be home my midnight tonight- I'm in the not able to sleep very well stage right now. I'll stay-up and wait for him. Looking forward to spending time with him this weekend before another busy work week.
Yellow, my new favorite color. Got a cool new yellow bag, wore a yellow sweater today and just ordered some cute yellow shoes, oh and last week bought a DARLING yellow necklace.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like your ramblings. :) And I'm bummed I missed out on those cupcakes! They sound awesome. I got stuck doing 3rd grade homework with Haley all night. Joy.
Pink lemonade cupcakes sound delicious! Are you willing to share the recipe? So sorry about the prego crap . . but you're right, the end result is totally worth it! Hang in there!
The cupcakes were awesome. I must admit that Kenzi and Cam didn't get to the ones designated for them fast enough so Dave and I ate them!
You are such a great mom!
Post a Comment