Rob has been traveling a TON lately for work. I just got a call today that the plane he was suppose to be on to get him home tonight was cancelled and he won't be back until tomorrow. Normally that would not be a big deal, but we MISS him. When Rob travels I try and keep us as busy as possible to pass the time and not let Jack remember that his Dad is gone. Jack NEEDS to have his wrestling/playtime with his Dad, and that just doesn't happen when he is gone, OBVIOUSLY.
I seem to need Rob more and more these days as the lack of sleep from a newborn and toddler is starting to wear on me. When Rob walks in the door, I am first so excited to see him that I get butterflies of seeing my sweetheart and then the adrenaline of having to be the sole parent and home caretaker releases and I finally allow myself to relax.
I have to chuckle a little bit when Rob gets home from being on travel because the first day he's back is like a Christmas present for the family. We are all really happy to see him and want his full attention and time to play and get reacquainted and then the next day comes and our routine has been interrupted and there is a day of getting re-reacquainted and figuring out how not to step on each others toes. It's quite the little dance we have.
Regardless of the ups and downs of having Rob travel so much, we much prefer him to be home spending time with us, but we are THRILLED when he walks through the door and we can have him all to ourselves again! Can't wait to have you home hun...you are much loved here at home!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment