Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Four Generations

I wanted to get a picture of my darling Grandparents holding Parker. Parker's middle name is Wallace- after my Grandfather, Wallace Rogers. These are my mom's parents and Parker's only set of Great-grand-parents still living. I want Parker and Jackson to know what AMAZING people Wally and Elida Rogers are. They are loving and kind and Christlike and they live their lives with their family at the center. Parker is great-grandchild #41- Grandma Rogers has handmade each grandchild and great-grandchild a quilt, not to mention that each grandchild gets one when they are born, graduate from high school and get married (I have five quilts in my home right now) I want Parker especially to know what an extraordinary man his great-grand-father is and how much he loves his family. We are so blessed to have them live so close to us and have them as such a big part of our lives.

On a side note, this was taken on Mother's day. As we sat down for dinner Jackson looked around the table and said, "I have two Grandpa's here and two Grandma's"! Yes, Jackson and Parker you are lucky boys to have them around.

1 comment:

aftonelam said...

Very touching, it brought tears to my eyes!