Thursday, February 24, 2011

I HEART working.

Every Tuesday and Thursday mornings I drop Jack off at school and Parker and I take the drive into SLC to go work for an hour and then drive back to get Jack from school. It seems sort of up surd to drive all that way to only work an hour, but the payoffs are so much more than that hour of paid work.

As I was driving in this morning I was overcome with gratitude for my life. The half-hour drive with just Parker and I is total silence. I have time to ponder my thoughts and I use that time to thank my Heavenly Father for the richness of the life He's given to me. It's MY TIME to use however I want. I don't even have to go to work if I don't want, but the thing is I really do enjoy it. There is one part of the drive I especially enjoy...it's turning the corner from I-15 to I-80, you go under the underpass and follow the turning road that opens up and you have the most majestic view of the Wasatch Front mountains. You can see Big and Little Cottonwood canyons as well as many others. One particularly clear and sunny day I rounded that corner to see snow blowing off those mountain peaks...breathtaking. That drive makes me LOVE the beautiful valley we live in even more. Like I said it's my time and this morning was FANTASTIC - I had an ice cold Diet Coke with a "fat" straw and I started off the drive listening to a little Coldplay, just the way to start off a morning in my book. Now I just have to wait until Tuesday morning for another blissful drive!

No comments: