Friday, March 28, 2008
DEER AND TULIPS
I just have to register a complaint. Why can't deer eat something other than my budding tulips! Every year this happens...you think I would put up something to block them from eating my favorite spring flower. Anyhow, we have this resident herd that lives and wanders through our neighborhood. A couple days ago I looked out my window at dusk and found 6 deer MUNCHING on my tulips. HOW RUDE! I have planted in my flower gardens plants that supposedly will keep the deer away, but not the case. My daffodils are coming up swimmingly...here's hoping that the tulips aren't lost forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hear ya!! Same problem at the Mayfield house....
Hey guys, I was blog jumping and found your blog. Jack is so cute. We're always asking Abby how your doing. Hope you don't mind if we check in on you.
Try sprinkling cayenne pepper powder on the flowers. While it may seem like a hidden-camera practical joke for the deer, I've heard that it will teach them the lesson you desire...
Jack is getting so big. You are such a cute family! I am sorry to here about your tulips. But I have heard of the cayenne pepper before, and it should work. Jane is a smart girl.
Alta
those rascals! But, on the brighter side, its better to have them eating your tulips than smashed into the front hood of your car. Hopefully those deer will learn some manners soon.
Post a Comment