Sunday, March 9, 2008

GRIDDLE CAKES

I have found my new favorite breakfast food...however we just had it for dinner- GRIDDLE CAKES! My Mom introduced me to them a while ago and I think I have made them at least, well a bunch of times. I thought I would share the love and post the recipe. Sorry that I don't have a great picture to post to make all your mouths water, but you'll just have to take my word for it, they are YUMMY!

Griddle Cakes with Marmalade and Clotted Cream

1/2 c. Flour 1 c. Plain Yogurt
1/2 c. Rolled Oats 5 T. Butter
2 tsp. Sugar 1 egg
1 tsp. Baking Powder Clotted Cream, Cream Fraiche or Sour Cream
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda Orange marmalade or jam
1/4 tsp. Salt

1- Heat up griddle or skillet until hot
2- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, yogurt, egg and 3 T. melted butter until combined
3- Use remaining butter to butter the griddle
4- Pour batter onto griddle into desired pancake size
5- Cook until bubbles appear on surface and edges about 1-2 minutes, flip with large spatula and cook until top springs back when pressed gently.

Serve with marmalade and cream. I also like butter and syrup, but my favorite is fresh berries with yogurt.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

The Morley's said...

I'm for sure going to have to try these! Thanks again for the soup, it was delicious! You're the best.

Rob & Megg said...

I didn't notice the spacing issue on the recipe. There was a different column...if you have any questions- let me know

birdie said...

Mmmm.... tasty. I love pancakes, hotcakes, and chocolate cakes. I'm sure I'll love griddle cakes.

I'll let you know my final thoughts after I try them. Are they Southern?

Anonymous said...

Your recipe sounded way good to me...I am nine months pregnant, so that's not too hard huh?! But I've already printed it off and plan on trying it out this week! Sorry you had to have surgery!

Rachel said...

I'm a little confused with the whole baking powder section. I may be calling for tutoring.